There are two things that I don't get about many of my fellow wage-slaves. First being this whole fascination and obsession over Friday and what a great day it is. "Yay! Its Friday!" Are these people really so loathing of their jobs that they can't wait to be away from it for two whole days? Are their lives so meaningless during their work week that they make up for it by packing in the earth-changing activities during the weekend? I don't think that people should love their jobs and be happy to go to them all the time, although that must be nice. I think these kinds of thoughts give crappy jobs even more power over the people that are being held from them. When its Tuesday, and you are already longing for the weekend, do yourself a favor and quit, take a vacation, or shoot yourself. There is no need to be that miserable. You have a choice.
Second, there is this whole nesting instict that people have with their desks. This new guy just came onboard and has covered his entire desk and the walls around him with... stuff. Mostly stuff from his kid(s), and other knicknacks. World's Best Dad kind of stuff. He's been here less than two weeks. Again, I have nothing against him being proud of his kid, or a token to remind him of his outside life. I just think that there is a fine line between a few tokens and turning your desk into your home office. Don't even get me started about the lady at my last job who turned her desk into a Disney shrine.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment