Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Next Two Years

The plan is to start at USNW next March, and it seems to be on track. I'm getting a bit anxious as the days wear on. Its been. Less than three months since I was laid off and just about four months since my dad landed in the hospital. It feels like my life has been in a tailspin since that day. Since my birthday. I have been trying to cobble together a new life for myself. A new beginning. A new country. A new home. A new citizenship.

This is my instinct. I recognized it at first as a desire to run away, but I see that I was wrong with that first analysis. I don't want to run away from my current life. I just can recognize that it has been damaged beyond repair and that I can make a new one out of what is left. That makes me feel better. I still want to leave sooner, though. its going to be four more months until I can get on a plane. Until then, my life... is on life support. Just going through the motions. Air in, air out. Take out the trash. Like retirement, but short term, so it isn't rewarding. I also don't get to start a garden.

I am looking forward to learning more about one of my passions. Two years. A whole new beginning. I can hear wind chimes in the distance.

No comments: