Perhaps my favorite part about the mile walk to and from work is the twenty minutes that I get inside my head. No external stimulus forcing me to pay attention, no demands beyond making sure that I don't step in front of a car, and plenty of time to play the equivalent of Pong with the day's events inside my head. To look at them, think about how I acted and felt, and why I feel the way I do. A mini-philosophical debate.
Every so often I come across a Truth about myself that I didn't know about. Grey zones are a big part of who I am and how I see the world, with my observance of subjectivity and perspective being a key component of those grey zones. I'm drawn back to a book where a character asks another to define a "Heap." The point where a few things become many things, where acceptable becomes unacceptable, where superlatives become truth.
When I'm stumble across something like the definition of a Heap, the day just shines.
Monday, July 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment