A hot spot. A hundred voices climbing over each other up the wall and through my bedroom window. I've ceased to be frustrated with them. I think that happened when they all erupted into a chorus of Happy Birthday.
The chattering has substance to it. I shift my focus from trying to pick out the individuals to appreciating the whole, and I can imagine an undulating cloud over my neighbor's back yard. Occasionally, somebody's voice rises above the rest. I'm curious if this is subjective or objective. Do I pay attention more when somebody says "Hey, lets do some Jager Bombs!" or would another be able to pick out that sentence as well?
I've been distracted the entire time I've been writing this, by my exhaustion, the massive party, and the consistently great music. Time to go head downstairs and curl up on the couch.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment