Somebody once told me that the key to building a habit was to do it for a months straight, every day. I think there is something about my brain that makes me unable to do that. That pushes me away from doing something on a set schedule. Actually, now that I think about it, the times that I'm most miserable is when I know what I'm doing for the rest of the day/weekend. If, when I start the day, I know I have 2 hours of meetings, 3 hours of writing, 1 hour of schedule upkeep, and 3 hours of testing to do, I am sad all day long. Even if I have a weekend trip planned, I end up getting a little bummed out because I know there are things that I can't do (e.g. sit on the couch and nap).
So in closing, fuck good habits. If something is good to do, there should be motivation behind it, not routine.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment