Thursday, January 1, 2009

Lame 2.0

I was listening to the radio yesterday, and I heard something that enraged me more than usual. Some guy on NPR was talking about the economy and what needs to happen in the next year. It was an interesting discussion until he used the terms "Economy 2.0" and "Recession 2.0." What... the hell. This is only a few days after I saw an article about the new Radio Flyer Wagon. Somebody called it Radio Flyer 2.0.

I cannot object to this trend more strongly than I do right now. The complete lack of imagination that people have with naming things is ridiculous. When we have people going to school for marketing, communications, journalism, and creative writing, how is it that whenever something comes along like a governor trying to sell a Senate seat, the best we can come up with is Blago-Gate? How come when something is slightly off the mainstream, it suddenly becomes X-Treme 'verb'-ing? And how is it that 60+ years after FDR pulled this country out of the trash heap, we are looking for a "New New Deal" to save us?

Who is going to save us, when we can't even create new 'viral' words?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

c'mon your part of it now, what's the new catchphrase of 2009?

CaptnKhaos said...

Oops, I crapped my pants.

SNL, FTW!