So, I'm torn, because I think that's really funny, but I don't think many people will get it. But then I remember that I write this for me, and not for you. Is it Satire, or just Madcap Zany?
Either way, I saw a car accident while walking to get dinner last night. I didn't see it happen, I just saw a truck very much merged with a lamp post (lamppost won) and another car or two with various crumple zones crumpled. As usual, Redondo Beach paramedics, cops, and firemen were all over the scene. As I was waiting for my dinner, I watched them work, and I saw something that completely blew my mind. A fireman with a push broom. And then a cop with a measuring wheel thing. Suddenly, the once interesting fender bender became a very dull exercise. Knowing that these guys have very specific tasks took all of the impulse and chaos out of it. Which, is comforting in a way. Knowing that people have thought all this out and learned from past experiences.
That train of thought led to its logical conclusion: Is there some plan for the government's response to the oncoming Zombie Uprising? Two days ago, I would have said no. I would have said that we are all on our own, and only individuals will be responsible for humanity's fate. But today, I'm not so sure that there isn't some manual with very specific and very boring tasks for the containment of the Uprising.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yea dude..They are called 'Worl War Z' and 'Zombie Survival Guide'
We are going to be ok....
I doubt they have a plan. I on the other hand have already started storing my pipe bombs next to my water heater, stashing pills in dark corners around the town, buying guns and leaving 3 in each secret spot such as sewers and train stations. I have also started taking up the grim task of drinking large amounts of beers out of brown bottles to start making molotovs. I have my jeans and converse on and I am going to run up to costco for some cases of 151. I hope to find an old crazy vet, a black man in a suit and a gay biker in a vest while I'm there. Have a great day! Oh crap I need to go to target for som of those fancy duct tape med kits.
Post a Comment