Monday, November 24, 2008

Incapacitated

What is 5 inches in diameter, squishy, and makes me walk sideways? My stupid knee right now. I've spent almost the entire day on the couch with my leg elevated, chomping on anti-inflammatory meds, and icing down my knee, with nothing to show with it. Its like the damn thing took a hint from my ego and decided to double in size just to spite me.

For some people, this happens when they are active, or they have some injury. I think it happens to me when I'm stationary for to long (like a 7-8 hour poker game). Argh. I just hate being tied down like this. At least, I know I'm not staying home again tomorrow. I'm going to hobble my way down the stairs, drive to work, and get to my desk, even if it means crawling. More likely, hopping on one leg.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, and yes that can happen if you don't get off ur ass every so often. You actually put your knee in a more awkward positon when you're sittng down and it's bent. believe it or not those physical therapy exercises can actually take inflamation down, it gets circulation moving in your knee again

CaptnKhaos said...

I tried that Monday, by walking around a bit and bending it. It got it to a point where I could go to work Tuesday. Since I'm always wandering around the office, I was walking almost fine by the end of the day. Stupid chronic arthritis. Why must you be so counter-intuitive?!?