This is getting out of hand! I know a number is a number. The 13th floor of an office building is not any more likely to have accidents than others (actually, less likely, due to subconscious behaviors). The number 69 is not the sexiest number (I prefer the 34, as seen at XKCD) . Also, one is not necessarily the loneliest (Two can be as bad as one, and its actually the loneliest number since the number one).
Which leads me to 666. The number 666 is not more or less evil than any other. However, this number has been appearing all over the place lately! My inbox of unread messages has been hovering at 666, I have 666 rollover minutes this month, and a recent score on Left 4 Dead, the best multiplayer co-op game ever, was 666. The only thing missing was trip sixes in my poker game last night.
Do I think that something evil is rushing towards me? Nah. And I'm not really feeling especially evil, either. However, just like the streetlights that turn off as I drive by them, I can't help but to think that there is something behind the scenes just playing around with me. Although, thats not true. Unless it is... which it isn't?
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment