Thursday, November 27, 2008

Rainy Days

Every morning, the air is clear and crisp. Shortly after that, hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of people hit the freeways, causing a brown fog to cover the the city. Its not that bad now. I remember it being much worse. Of course, I don't live in The Valley anymore, so its easier for me to say it isn't that bad.

Yesterday, though... Yesterday was beautiful. The day after rain. While it was chillier than usual, breathing the morning air felt like drinking energy. And the view from the office was awe inspiring. I could see the farthest tip of Malibu and beyond. Griffith Park Observatory and the Hollywood Sign looked as detailed as if I were standing next to them.

Downtown was the best of all. Every building popped out, so that it was no longer the indefinable skyline it normally is, when it can be seen at all. It almost looked as good today, approaching from the South on the 110. There is something about clear vision that makes everything else in life that much sharper.

So yeah... it was a really nice day. And now our beaches are biohazard zones. Seriously. I saw a reverse mermaid.

No comments: